1.5

We purchased a Weber gas grill in June 2014. I immediately registered it online.

Fast forward to June 2017, when the control knobs began melting. Mind you, this product has a five year warranty on the gas components. I went to the Weber website and, lo and behold, I had no products registered under warranty; however, I did have an account, which I would only have registered when I registered my grill warranty. Besides, I had the confirmation email from 2014.

So, I called customer service, and told the rep that I had registered the warranty, but it didn't appear in my account information. "Oh, well, we'll just re-register it for you now." Red flag. What happened to my original registration? Why was it missing?

I was connected with tech support who asked me to email photos of the outside of the grill (??!), the gas tubes, the inside firebox of the grill, and the screw-on valve connection on the propane tank (???!!!). The photos bounced back for two days as undeliverable. Another red flag. It took over a week for tech support to get back to me, and that only after I pestered them several times via email and phone, demanding a response.

Then, they called after dark. Excuse me, how can I see the grill in the dark? When I finally connected with them, the guy said there was a problem with the propane tank connector. Red flag.

A personal friend owns a propane company and takes care of all our propane equipment. When I pointed that fact out, he backed down and proceeded to tell me that I had not complied with maintenance requirements and the warranty would not be honored, but they would give me a good deal on replacement parts (red flag) - the flame tubes and the manifold. "From a photo? No personal inspection?" I asked.

He confirmed it. They could verify that the warranty was voided by the photos I sent. (red flag) I finally asked to speak with a supervisor, he promised one would call me. No one ever did.

I called three times, no return call. HUGE Red flag. I looked at the owner's manual. There is absolutely NO maintenance schedule for cleaning the firebox (which was considered too dirty and voided the warranty-it's a grill for gosh sakes!!!), or for doing anything to the gas tubes except to clean out the bug screen once a year, or for doing any maintenance whatsoever on the manifold.

That's right folks, NO information on HOW OFTEN the firebox should be cleaned. I guess it is supposed to be washed with soapy water (per the instructions) after every use, but if that's the case, the manual should specify that. It doesn't. This is a grill, for gosh sakes.

Well, gee, no wonder customer after customer complains online about the warranty not being honored. It's a scam. Weber won't define when the maintenance should be performed, and then uses that omission to not honor the warranty when parts fail. .

. Assuming you can prove you registered the warranty in the first place. We had to purchase the parts at full price. The manifold, which was under a five year warranty, had failed in exactly three years of use.

The parts looked clean and sound, but once we replaced them, the knobs stopped melting. Weber's warranty is a scam, yet the warranty featured prominently in our decision to purchase this item. I consider this false advertising.

Weber has a nifty scheme to avoid honoring their warranty. The only way the warranty would not be voided would be if you didn't use the grill.

Product or Service Mentioned: Weber E-330 Grill.

Reason of review: fraudulent warranty, poor customer service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 18, 2017.

Comments

You're not the only one getting ripped off. I've got a 4 burner with side cart burner and the first thing to go was the starter after only 6 months.

All my burners are in sad shape but the company says I'm out of warranty because (1) the BBQ is more than 2 years old and (2) I never registered the BBQ. How odd.......This purchase was almost a thousand dollars and I remember very well registering the BBQ but of course they had no information on file. I managed to get a faulty hose regulator kit replaced by the retailer but they had to collect my information and send in the faulty regulator to get an exchange. I bought another so I would be left without a BBQ.

It took a month to get the replacement regulator and now 2 months later the secondary regulator has gone bad.......big gas leak near the tank from the silver colored round piece / regulator. The retailer is quite a distance away so I called Weber for a replacement. I had a two month old regulator on the BBQ that was bad and a brand new regulator in the original box as a back-up. The Weber employee on the phone wanted one piece of information at a time taking forever to assist me.

When she finally asked for the serial number on the BBQ I got pissed. I felt they didn't need this as I was only asking about the regulator and to my knowledge, my BBQ was out of warranty. This employee insisted to register the BBQ so I asked her for her name and to speak with her supervisor. MISTAKE.

When the supervisor finally got on the phone with me I asked her about the time it took for her to attend to my call. I looked at my phone and when the employee put me on hold, 10 minutes had expired. When the supervisor got on the phone a total of 25 minutes had expired and the supervisor wanted to argue about this. I asked her tome-on from this time issue and she became insistent that I go get the serial number off my dirty BBQ so she could register it.

Do these people have tunnel vision? The supervisor repeatedly interrupted me and I could see she was becoming antagonistic. When I asked for her supervisor, she said he was in a meeting. What are the odd on that being a lie?

Weber has horrible service and zero warranty help. DO NOT BUY WEBER